Sunday, September 9, 2012

So it is my first full semester back from my enforced "relaxation" which was exactly what I needed. The ulcer is completely gone. I tested this by eating at my favorite Indian restaurant. Right now I am studying Spanish Phonetics and compositions. I am very excited for this semester because I also have a class teaching me about how to teach, classroom management, a technology course (required), multicultural education, and a class about teaching children with special needs.

I just spent my first week observing an actual classroom. We have to observe at a charter school, an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. My first week was at Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy. I observed 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. Mrs. Richardson was one of the teachers and she was amazing. She let me get involved with the class even to the point of giving out discipline.

Glenn is doing well at work. He finally has a schedule where we can see each other which is a change from other semesters. He is getting into great shape (Glenn: I was in shape before! Round is a shape!) thanks to working out after he is done with work and while I am still in class.

Glenn and I were woken up last week at 5 AM by thunder that rattled our windows. At 7 AM we were treated to the above view. It reminded me of home...during perfect weather. Our cat Holmes started freaking out and tried to wake me and Glenn to lead us to "safety." He also does that when I cook with chili oil and the pan is too hot. (Toxic smoke...not pleasant.)

Anyway, that is life right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I miss provo

Mike

Meghan said...

That sounds great Whit! I love that picture. Funny, it reminded me of home too. I had to take a closer look to figure out it was Utah.

Love you and glad you are feeling more like yourself again (yea Indian food!)